Monthly Archives: March 2012
Understanding the link between gluten and other health ailments is crucial to understanding how to find the right treatment for your health.
We offer a BODY BALANCE PROGRAM with the option of ordering a Test Kit that is designed to help you find your hidden food sensitivities, infections like yeast, bacteria or parasites, high or low cortisol levels, digestive problems and hormonal flucuations to name a few.
Enjoy the video!
P.S. Have you signed up for our newsletter? You will receive a free “Banish Your Belly” e-book.
Black Beans and Rice
This recipe serves: 8
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 4 cups steamed brown rice
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 cups dried black beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 jalapeno chili pepper, seeded and minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- veggies of choice
- Soak the beans in water overnight in the refrigerator. Drain the beans and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a 4-quart pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, green pepper and jalapeno pepper, season lightly with black pepper and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the bay leaf, beans and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the beans are completely tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice.
- Serve the rice in warm bowls topped with beans and garnished with lime wedges and cilantro leaves. Add veggies!
- NOTE: Do not add salt until the beans are fully cooked because salt will prevent them from becoming tender.
Is it good to keep going when you’re tired? Should we push ourselves to the limit every day and ourselves to the limit every day and over-extend ourselves? Is it o.k. to never say No?
In a world that is spinning so fast that we are in constant connection to everyone and everything, our days keep getting longer and our “To Do Lists” are never-ending. How could we possibly fit in one more thing! Just when we think that, we do it anyway.
We have stuff to do at home, at work, with friends, family & significant others. So what are we forgetting? Oh, it’s me time!
As parents, family members, etc., we have a lot of responsibilities and hats to wear. When we are constantly on the go like the an Energizer Bunny, we get a lot done at the expense of our own energy.
What ends up happening is that we are borrowing energy in the form of sugar, caffeine and energy drinks to supply us with a temporary boost and when we crash, we go back for more only to end up over tired, wired and unable to sleep!
The way to put an end to this cycle is to find out what’s going on and make some changes with what we eat, our lifestyle and get the nutrients we need to feel energetic and have a quality of life.
I used to think it was great to be like the Energizer Bunny, but now I know better. It’s about balance, saying No and getting to the bottom of hidden inflammation.
CONTACT ME to find your sources of hidden inflammation and get on the road to true ENERGY & VITALITY!