Monthly Archives: March 2014
You are trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners so you have opted for sweeteners like stevia, etc. I’m sure you’ve seen it in the store before. It can be tricky when shopping and it pays to be aware. This product contains 95% dextrose!!!! This is sugar and can be derived from corn.
This hidden ingredient may cause you to gain “Belly Fat!” That’s the last thing you want, right!
Another brand “Pure Via” also contains dextrose as you look on the label. “Tuvia” has erythritol that has been chemically engineered and made from GMO corn if it doesn’t say it hasn’t.
So, how do you know a good source of stevia?
1. Buy a stevia plant and grind it up.
2. Look for “whole leaf stevia” rebaudioside a or stevia extract.
3. Some stevia extract that’s made right is good or make your own!
4. Use other healthy sweeteners.
Just be aware and don’t always trust a label! I like Lakanto which tastes good to me and made with non-GMO ingredients! Click the image below for more information about Lakanto.
2 lbs. organic carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
5 cups low sodium, organic chicken broth or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons chopped organic onion
2 tablespoons chopped organic celery
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 dried hot chili pepper
2-3 cloves grated garlic
Sea salt and Pepper to taste
4 tablespoons chopped organic cilantro
¼ cup non-dairy sour cream
(Optional) one potato, peeled and chopped
Combine everything except sour cream, and cilantro into a soup pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 45 minutes until carrots are tender. Discard chili pepper. Put in food processor until well blended. Serve with a dollop of non-dairy sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro. Enjoy!
Makes about 6 ½ cup servings.
For many years we have been told to avoid fat and lower our cholesterol. Below are some Fat Lies about fats:
- Low Fat Diet is best to help you lose weight. It isn’t the fat that’s the problem it’s the sugar! Butter substitutes and foods loaded with sugar are now on the shelves and promoted as healthy!
- Eggs are Bad for You This has been pounded into our heads for a while. Lots of people were eating egg-white omelets, etc. and avoiding the yolks! Organic eggs are actually good for us and are packed with nutrition.
- Focus on Cholesterol This is only part of the equation. Inflammation can cause cholesterol to go up and clog arteries. If cholesterol is too low, this can cause other health issues.
- Oils from Seeds & Vegetables are Good for You Soybean, Cottonseed and Canola Oils are high in Omega 6. These are harmful if consuming too much and when added to many foods, even healthy foods.
- Saturated Fat Causes Heart Disease The studies from years ago are flawed. Some saturated fats, like coconut oil, are good for Eating Fat Makes You Fat High fat/low carb diets increase good cholesterol, lower glucose, stabilize insulin and promote the loss of Belly Fat. High Sugar diets can cause Belly Fat and weight gain.
- If it’s Low Fat It’s Good For You When fat is removed, it is often replaced with more sugar! This promotes weight gain.
4 Unhealthy Oils To Avoid
- Canola Oil
4 Healthy Oils to Use
- Coconut Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grapeseed Oil