Monthly Archives: November 2014
These are soft out of the oven and as they cool are nice and chewy. A serious crowd pleaser for all taste buds.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cups coconut sugar or other healthy sweetener
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cooked pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease two baking sheets.
Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and spices.
In a separate bowl, mix together coconut sugar, oil, molasses, pumpkin and vanilla (and flax seeds if using) until very well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet in three batches, folding to combine. Fold in walnuts and (or chocolate chips).
Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets. Since they don’t spread much they can be placed an inch apart. Flatten the tops of the cookies with a fork or with your fingers, to press into cookie shape. Bake for 16 minutes. If you are using two sheets of cookies on two levels of your oven, rotate the sheets halfway through for even baking. You’ll have enough batter for four trays.
Remove from oven and move cookies onto a wire rack to cool. These taste best when they’ve had some time to cool and set. They taste even better the next day!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 32 minutes
Makes: 4 dozen cookies
The holidays are upon us, and every year we say that this year is the year to not have to make New Year’s resolutions about losing those “pesky holiday pounds” and remain sane while entertaining family and friends and buying Christmas gifts. We have good intentions but we get off track and get too busy to take care of ourselves!
There is a way to keep those extra pounds off and stay somewhat sane through the next few months and also have lots of fun. Here are some tips:
- Be prepared! Think ahead and pre-plan for meals and parties. This way you are not going to a party starving and empty handed. (Bad idea!)
- Breathe!!!!! Do some deep breathing throughout the day and at night to de-stress. (It’s free!)
- Move! Take 10 minutes throughout the day to move around in your house or at work when you can. (It’s de-stressing too!) Put fun music on while cooking and dance!!!!
- Eat protein at meals to remain full and satisfied.
- Take time for a hot bath or massage!
- Shop for healthy foods to keep around and take some to work or traveling.
- Get some of my cookies or make some.
It is possible to get through the Holidays without weight gain and losing it! My clients are on track learn how to get through easily and still eat chocolate and other treats. You don’t need to be deprived. It’s all about the ingredients!
Let me know if I can help you in any way!
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk unsweetened
- ½ cup organic green tea
- ½ cup organic pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 scoop Pea protein powder (Love & Peas)
- 1 scoop green powder (Natures Harvest)
Blend all together except cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
You can purchase Love & Peas and Natures Harvest click here.
If you’re having problems with your thyroid, you may want to check into your adrenals or your battery pack of your body! These little glands are on top of your kidneys and play a huge part in your health and well-being.
Our thyroid is responsible for energy, hormone balance, immune health and blood sugar balance. That’s a lot! We always remember to recharge our batteries for our cell phone, camera, etc., but what about us??? We are too busy burning ourselves out!
Our adrenal glands produce estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, adrenaline, dopamine and other hormones. We need to support the adrenals to help heal the thyroid so it can work properly.
Here are some symptoms of adrenal fatigue & thyroid issues:
Saliva testing can find hidden issues like infections (H.Pylori, yeast, parasites, etc.), foods that cause inflammation, digestion, cortisol levels, hormones and more. This can get you on the right track for getting balanced and having more energy, weight balance, disease prevention too!
CONTACT ME to schedule a time to talk. It is never too late! It’s amazing what you can find out! Fine-tune your health so you can be in control.