Monthly Archives: November 2015
Sometimes it seems like getting healthy is really expensive. When you actually look at what you are spending on other things that don’t serve you, getting healthy may be easier and less expensive than you think! Let’s look at some reasons why it may be more affordable to get healthy than to stay on an unhealthy path:
- Your energy is higher when you are eating healthy. When you make poor food choices, you are less productive and your body stores fat! The opposite of that is staying focused and energized to get everything done and not feel like a slug. You can also handle stress better!
- You save money on skincare products! Optimal skin, hair, and nail health start on the inside and show on the outside.
- You don’t spend money on medications when you are healthy. You get rid of bloating, gas, constipation, and indigestion when you are eating what you should. Some medications can be very pricey!
- You don’t get sick as often. Taking sick days costs you money and puts you behind, not to mention how bad and tired you feel. You might also miss out on all the fun.
- You don’t buy clothes to cover up weak areas. Instead, where are those “skinny jeans”?
- You can work out at home and save money. You don’t need to pay lots of money to an expensive workout place when you can walk, dance, use hand weights, etc., without leaving home.
- You actually cut your food expenses! Fast food won’t appeal to you once you start eating healthy. You can shop in season, visit farmers markets, focus on healthy foods, and stop buying the processed stuff to save money. For less than an expensive coffee drink, you can whip up a great healthy meal that will help you lose “Belly Fat!”
Now you see that it pays to get healthy and find out what is best for your body. That doughnut, pastry, cake, potato chips, bread, etc., tastes good for a moment… but you pay the price right when you are done and long afterward.
If you are not already on the road to wellness and vibrant health, it’s never too late!
GMO = Genetically Modified Organism
I showed a movie a couple months ago called “Genetic Roulette.” When a bug takes a bite out of GMO corn, its stomach explodes! When WE eat it, it hurts our stomach lining over time, over & over again. This leads to food sensitivities, infections, etc. No wonder there are so many allergies these days!
We don’t put GMO ingredients on our labels in the United States. Other countries do and won’t take our foods because of our GMO ingredients. Here are 6 ways to avoid GMOs so we can take our health back:
Corn, Canola, Soy, Cottonseed: Avoid these ingredients unless they are organic or say non-GMO. Watch for soy lecithin, soy protein, food starch, textured vegetable protein, and mixed tocopherols (vitamin E).
Code number on Produce: Avoid those that begin with the number 8. The ones with 9 are organic. Stick with those.
Sugars: Sugar beets are GMO.
Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame or Nutrasweet is made by using GM bacterial strains of E. Coli!
Additives: Some xanthan gum, citric acid, maltodextrin, lactic acid, dextrose, caramel color, baking powder, malt syrup, modified food starch, sorbitol, stearic acid.
Dairy Products: Any non-organic or those that do not contain a “No rBGH” label . It’s created using GMO E. Coli just like Nutrasweet!
You need to be a food detective to be a healthy person these days. It’s well worth it, though. Being informed is half the battle! Bob’s Red Mill has non-GMO ingredients.