Monthly Archives: March 2016
Yes, we all live in a fast world these days, and, yes, sometimes we get tired. Many people, though, make food choices that can cause them to feel fatigued instead of energized. Because we feel rushed and don’t always find time to cook, we go through the drive-thru or eat other fast food on the run. Or maybe we go to a restaurant and make unhealthy choices full of GMOs, refined sugar, bad fats, inflammatory ingredients and more…
You don’t just wake up with low energy or a disease like cancer, diabetes, or high blood pressure. This happens over time, one bite at a time! Many meals are eaten before these things happen. Our energy suffers and we feel tired all the time. Caffeine and sugar are what we grab to keep us going–maybe that candy bar, doughnut or can of pop… whatever we think may get us through. Even an organic ice tea or a latte full of sugar!
Some causes of low energy:
• Inflammation from eating the wrong foods like GMOs, sugar, gluten, and more
• Depletion from not getting the right nutrients
• Toxification by eating foods full of pesticides, hormones and antibiotics
• Chemicals that build up in the body in every way
As you can see, it’s easy to get fatigued in our world today! What we eat will either give us energy or take it from us. There is a way to get into balance and feel more energy while eating delicious AND healthy foods!!!!
Start by replacing some of your ingredients with healthier options and see what happens. I can help you if you need it – There IS light at the end of the tunnel!
Image courtesy of Ambro at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Here are just some of the symptoms of chronic inflammation:
- Feeling stiff & sore
- Swollen joints
Believe it or not, FOOD is the culprit most of the time! Here are some of the offenders:
- SUGAR: Damages your digestive track and inflames you
- ALCOHOL: In excess, damages your liver and gut flora
- GRAINS: Even more so if you are Gluten Sensitive. Phytic Acid and Lectins are hard on everyone!
- REFINED OILS: Canola, Soybean, Corn, and Safflower have inflammatory byproducts. These can also be GMO!
- PASTEURIZED DAIRY: Approximately 75% of people are intolerant to dairy. The pasteurization process destroys healthy bacteria and enzymes in raw milk and makes it hard to digest! Casein is similar to gluten and can cause problems.
Finding out what is causing inflammation in your body can help you maintain a healthy system and become proactive with your health!