The holidays are upon us, and every year we say that this year is the year to not have to make New Year’s resolutions about losing those “pesky holiday pounds” and remain sane while entertaining family and friends and buying Christmas gifts. We have good intentions but we get off track and get too busy to take care of ourselves!
There is a way to keep those extra pounds off and stay somewhat sane through the next few months and also have lots of fun. Here are some tips:
- Be prepared! Think ahead and pre-plan for meals and parties. This way you are not going to a party starving and empty handed. (Bad idea!)
- Breathe!!!!! Do some deep breathing throughout the day and at night to de-stress. (It’s free!)
- Move! Take 10 minutes throughout the day to move around in your house or at work when you can. (It’s de-stressing too!) Put fun music on while cooking and dance!!!!
- Eat protein at meals to remain full and satisfied.
- Take time for a hot bath or massage!
- Shop for healthy foods to keep around and take some to work or traveling.
- Get some of my cookies or make some.
It is possible to get through the Holidays without weight gain and losing it! My clients are on track learn how to get through easily and still eat chocolate and other treats. You don’t need to be deprived. It’s all about the ingredients!
Let me know if I can help you in any way!