How do we stop our skin from aging so rapidly? As we grow older, skin cells regenerate more slowly, which makes it difficult to repair itself. Our skin thins because of fewer hormones. The skin becomes drier and more fragile.
Stock up on the following foods to help your skin stay younger looking:
- Berries: These can help with sun damage
- Kiwis: Vitamin C helps fight free radicals
- Green or White Tea: Protects skin from sagging & provides antioxidants
- Flaxseed Oil: Keeps skin moist & toned
- Greens: Helps prevent calcification with vitamin K
- Dark Chocolate: Gives skin a youthful appearance & protects you from UV light
- Tomatoes: Lycopene protects from UV radiation
- Carrots: Vitamin A helps the skin from appearing dry & scaly
- Avocadoes: Vitamin E helps reduce the sun’s harmful effects and combats collagen breakdown
If you eat a healthy diet of all of these foods, you can help your skin look more youthful and vibrant! Eating healthy is always better than trying to get everything from supplements.
Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net