Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- ½ cup extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 6 oz. organic unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup organic coconut flour or almond meal flour
- 1/3 cup organic sweet rice flour or brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Lakanto Sweetener or xylitol
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- ¼ cup organic Valencia peanut butter or almond butter (softened – may need to heat up a little in a pan)
- Spray Oil
- Extra flour for dusting pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8×8 pan with spray oil and dust with flour.
Set a large pot of water over heat and boil. Put a bowl over top of it and heat coconut oil and chocolate, stirring, until melted. Let cool.
Put coconut or almond flour, rice flour and xanthan gum together in a large bowl. Stir in baking powder and salt.
Whisk sweetener into chocolate. Whisk eggs and vanilla in and stir in dry ingredients.
Pour into pan. Dollop peanut butter onto top of batter. Swirl into batter with a spoon. Smooth it down.
Bake 25 min. or until knife comes out clean. Cool.
Makes about 16 squares. Enjoy!