For many years we have been told to avoid fat and lower our cholesterol. But what’s true and what’s not?
Below are some Fat Lies:
- A Low-Fat Diet is best to help you lose weight. It isn’t the fat that’s the problem — it’s the sugar! Butter substitutes and foods loaded with sugar are now on the shelves and promoted as healthy!
- Eggs are bad for you. This has been pounded into our heads for a while. Lots of people were eating egg-white omelets, etc., and avoiding the yolks! Organic eggs are actually good for us and are packed with good nutrition.
- Focus on Cholesterol. This is only part of the equation. Inflammation can cause cholesterol to go up to patch up arteries. If cholesterol is too low, it can cause other health issues.
- Oils from Seeds & Vegetables are good for you. Soybean, Cottonseed & Canola Oils are high in Omega 6. These are harmful if consuming too much and they are added to many foods, even healthy foods.
- Saturated Fat causes heart disease. These studies from years ago are flawed. Some saturated fats, like coconut oil, are good for us.
- Eating Fat makes you fat. High fat/low carb diets increase good cholesterol, lower glucose, stabilize insulin, and promote the loss of Belly Fat. High sugar diets can cause Belly Fat and weight gain.
- If it’s labeled “Low-Fat”, it’s good for you. When they take out the fat, they often replace it with more sugar! This promotes weight gain.
Four Unhealthy Oils To Avoid
- Canola Oil
Use Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Ghee, etc. when cooking.
Image courtesy of Master isolated images at FreeDigitalPhotos.net