For many years we have been told to avoid fat and lower our cholesterol. Below are some Fat Lies about fats:
- Low Fat Diet is best to help you lose weight. It isn’t the fat that’s the problem it’s the sugar! Butter substitutes and foods loaded with sugar are now on the shelves and promoted as healthy!
- Eggs are Bad for You This has been pounded into our heads for a while. Lots of people were eating egg-white omelets, etc. and avoiding the yolks! Organic eggs are actually good for us and are packed with nutrition.
- Focus on Cholesterol This is only part of the equation. Inflammation can cause cholesterol to go up and clog arteries. If cholesterol is too low, this can cause other health issues.
- Oils from Seeds & Vegetables are Good for You Soybean, Cottonseed and Canola Oils are high in Omega 6. These are harmful if consuming too much and when added to many foods, even healthy foods.
- Saturated Fat Causes Heart Disease The studies from years ago are flawed. Some saturated fats, like coconut oil, are good for Eating Fat Makes You Fat High fat/low carb diets increase good cholesterol, lower glucose, stabilize insulin and promote the loss of Belly Fat. High Sugar diets can cause Belly Fat and weight gain.
- If it’s Low Fat It’s Good For You When fat is removed, it is often replaced with more sugar! This promotes weight gain.
4 Unhealthy Oils To Avoid
- Canola Oil
4 Healthy Oils to Use
- Coconut Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grapeseed Oil